-->

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

12 "Tags" of 2015 (or Julie Can't Follow Rules...)

Greetings!

I saw Redanne's post this afternoon of her lovely June 2015 tag and was inspired to use hers and Tim's as inspiration for an ATC.  (Tim's tag and step-by-step are HERE.)  I really did first think of doing a tag - it's been so long - but I do owe somebody an "under the sea" ATC so this project won out.


I tried to follow Tim's instructions, and if you use your imagination you'll see where he inspired me.  I followed his lead with the background using Distress Stains followed by a stencil as a stamp.  After that I distressed the edges with the side of my scissors and some Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  I also used corrugated cardstock for the starfish and a bit of twine.

My 'sand' is actually old sandpaper and I cut the die cut seaweed and coral from cardstock covered in metal tape and then colored them with alcohol inks.  "Discover" is from his remnant rubs.

Thanks for peeking.  Maybe in July I'll actually make a tag.  ;)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey a fellow soul who can't follow rules here - I LOVE your make especially the inked metal which looks awesome. I used sandpaper on my tag too - we are kindred spirits :).

Bibi Lindahl said...

Oh....yumm! This is so pretty, Julie! What a great idea indeed to cover the die cuts with metal tape and coloring them with alcohol inks! Thank you for entering your tag to our June challenge!

Susanne Rose said...

Such a beauty! Love it. Thank you for entering our june challenge over at Rubber Dance!