-->

Monday, April 7, 2014

Birthday Boy Card

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have a hard time coming up with cards for guys.  My middlest son had a birthday a few days ago and I was at a loss.  He's a teenager so I veered away from cute as best I could.  :)  I finally ended up with this:


It was simple and quick to put together once I started.  First I attached strips of washi tape to cardstock.  Using the Cricut, I cut the stars out.  An eyelet on the itty bitty one and some string tied through it enhanced the sentiment.  I picked up the gears embossing folder (on sale, of course!) at the store the other day and it seemed like the perfect background to keep it from being too 'rah-rah', cutesy.

The kiddos are on Spring Break this week.  Off to go get into some mischief with my cohorts.  Have a great day!


3 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

Great card for a boy ! Not too cute, but sweet enough. I am sure he liked it....
Corrie x

massofhair said...

Great layers and colours, perfect for a teen card :-) x

Redanne said...

Definitely not cutsie, but very stylish and perfect for a teenage boy. Anne x