-->

Friday, January 24, 2014

Journal 52 - Week 3

I was a little behind on Week 2 so Week 3 is right on its heels.  First thing I thought of with the "Smile" theme for this week was my children.  They really do crack me up on a regular basis.  Wonderful and funny little human beings, they are.  But then I ran across this picture from an outing last month.  What a great night!  My sisters, unbeknownst to moi, had schemed and planned a surprise girls' weekend for my birthday.

 
We aren't able to get together very often since we live in different states, but it is always a great time when we do.  Cheeks aching, side-hurting belly laughs and lots of side-long glances from strangers wondering what we've been ingesting.  We're all very different even so, not only do we share the same genetic material but also odd senses of humor and an appreciation for the slightly off-kilter.

They bring out the best version of me.  I don't know that I've let them know this (on the to-do list now) but they really do.  I'm really glad this page evolved into something different than I envisioned.  No doubt, every time I run across it I will definitely break into a grin.

Stuff I used:
Dylusions spray inks
Modeling paste
Random paper scraps
Washi tape
Pitt pens
Zig pen
Stencil

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Karin said...

great pages, it sounds like you had fun!
Groetjes Karin

Astrid Stulemeijer (AssiCrafts) said...

Super fun page Julie!! XOXO