-->

Monday, August 10, 2015

Old Friends Card - Unity Inspiration Challenge

Just this morning I noticed the July color challenge on Unity's blog.  I have a very dear and wonderful friend whom I don't get to see nearly often enough.  Hopefully she knows how much I appreciate her, but in case she's forgotten I'm going to surprise her with this in her mailbox.  :)


I borrowed Angie's Distress ink swooshing technique from the other day for the sentiment base (Abandoned Coral and Spiced Marmalade).  The hearts are colored with Distress inks (Abandoned Coral and Spiced Marmalade again) and Dylusions (Bubblegum).

The inspiration:



I think Margaret will love this.  :D

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

SDC 206: Under the Sea

I have a little something different (for me) to share today - Mail Art!  I decided I needed to get out of my ATC comfort zone and try something different for the SDC Under the Sea challenge this week.



Here are some process photos I took along the way.  They're pretty self-explanatory...









I didn't get a picture of the splatters before I finished up the envie, but all I did was squeeze some white and silver acrylic paints onto my craft mat and then I tapped my loaded brush over the envelope.  Wa-la!  Splatters!

I'm not sure whose mailbox this will end up in, but I'm sending stuff off all the time so somebody will get it soon.  :)

Have a great day!

Friday, July 24, 2015

Working in a Series

I typically make one project at a time, but this morning I watched a great video that inspired me to try working in a series.  Loved it!  The result is five completed ATCs that are similar yet different.








The process was pretty simple.  
1.  I stamped some backgrounds on white cardstock.

2.  Using a variety of  mediums (gel, modeling paste, crackle, glass bead gel) I applied them through I stencil over which I had been sprinkled mica powder.

3.  While the mediums were drying, I stamped some images and words onto cardstock and colored them with spray inks and Distress stains, dried them and cut them out.

4. When the backgrounds were dry (enough) I sprayed spray inks and Distress stains over the backgrounds.

5.  Finally I put them all together and applied black and/or white paint splotches.  

Fun and messy.  I kept the color palette similar throughout making it easy to just grab whatever was in reach.  I feel so accomplished too.  :) 

Friday, July 17, 2015

NOT Tired!

You know how little kids get droopy-eyed but refuse to go to sleep?  That's what I think of when I see this little munchkin from Vera Lane Studios.  She's so cute.



I"m entering in the Wicked Wednesday stitch challenge this week.

Have a great day!

P.S.  Isn't that cut-out die cool?  Just bought a set yesterday.  Love it!

Thursday, July 16, 2015

ATCs, ATCs, ATCs...

Yep.  I've been making them this morning.

This batch is for a Wings & Flying Things Postage Stamp swap.





I got hooked on saving pretty postage stamps a couple of years ago thanks to several swaps on ATCsForAll.  ;)

The next one is the second to last ATC in the Village series I'm doing on SwapBot.


It's a beautiful sunny day (thank you from all of us Seattle-ites, oh, weather gods!) so I'm off to enjoy.  Cheers!



Monday, July 13, 2015

The Buru Blues

I had a bunch of scraps sitting on my desk from another project so I decided to  use them up on an ATC for the SDC: Use Attachers challenge this week.


Projects using warm and cool colors together have been catching my eye lately.  Yesterday's project (this is where the scraps came from) used the same concept. (Apparently I also have a circle thing going on.)



The ATC base was created on cardstock with acrylic paints and a little stamping.  The bottom border is Distress inks on a book page and Buru was stamped on an old childrens' textbook page (I wanted larger text so you could still see the detail on him.)

Yesterday's project (a card) was created for a 'holes' challenge.  Both of the bases on this are acrylics over cardstock.  The top layer has some stamping over it too.  So glad I finally picked up the Ranger Archival Ink.  I have been trying to make do with Memento dye inks over acrylics for a long time and it just wasn't working out.

Now that I've gotten some artsy stuff done today it's time to get down to the nitty gritty day-to-day domestic goddess routine.  Have a great day!

Friday, July 10, 2015

Black & White Experiment

Today I decided to try a little experiment with resists.



The butterfly was stamped with Versamark and then embossed with clear embossing powder to resist the brushed on Black Soot Distress ink.  After it was dry, I sponged on some more Black Soot to make the butterfly pop out more and then gently rubbed the excess ink off the embossed part.

I finished up with some text background stamping, the stamped water droplets and embossed word stapled onto the card.

Wah-lah!  Black & White ATCs finished!  Checking those puppies off the list...

Thanks for stopping by today!